Green Chicken Curry – FCT Kitchens
This is a very mouthwatering, tasty and authentic style chicken curry made with coriander, mint and spices.
- 1 lb chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 inch long chopped ginger
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- Few sprigs mint leaves
- 4-5 green chilies (based on your spice level)
- 2-3 cardamoms
- 5-6 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil or butter
- Mix coriander leaves, one onion, garlic, ginger, green chilies and mint leaves in a blender jar and grind until a smooth green paste is formed. Keep aside.
- Heat oil/butter in a large deep non-stick pan and add remaining onions, cinnamon stick, cloves, and cardamoms. Fry until the onions turn golden brown in color.
- Then add the ground green paste, turmeric powder into the onions-spices mixture and fry for couple more minutes.
- To this, add chopped tomatoes, salt and cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes, till the tomatoes are kind of mushy.
- Now add chicken pieces and saute for about a minute or two. Add a little water, turn down the heat to medium and let it cook for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cumin, coriander and garam masala powders to the chicken, cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Embellish with coriander leaves and serve hot with parathas, rotis or plain rice.