Recipe of Aaloo Mutter – FCT Kitchens
Recipe of Aaloo Mutter is a very simple, easy to make veggie dish made with potatoes, peas and goes very well with parathas or naans.
Ingredients for Aaloo Mutter:
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 5 tbsp ghee/butter or oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- A sprig of curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Few sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat oil in a pan and add cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add curry leaves, chopped onion, garlic and saute on medium heat till golden brown in color.
- To the sautéed onions, add garam masala powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chopped tomatoes, salt and mix well. Cover the pan with a top and cook for 5 min.
- Now add cubed potatoes & peas, mix well and fry for 2-3 min or until the potatoes are mixed well with the tomato-onion mix. Pour in water & bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat little, cover the pan & simmer gently for 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot with roti’s, parathas or naans.